Yonetsystems.com: One of the fastest websites in Ethiopia?
There has been a huge spike in the usage of websites in Ethiopia.
Internet users in Ethiopia
- There were 21.14 million internet users in Ethiopia in January 2020.
- The number of internet users in Ethiopia increased by 534 thousand (+2.6%) between 2019 and 2020.
- Internet penetration in Ethiopia stood at 19% in January 2020.
Social media users in Ethiopia
- There were 6.20 million social media users in Ethiopia in January 2020.
- The number of social media users in Ethiopia increased by 237 thousand (+4.0%) between April 2019 and January 2020.
- Social media penetration in Ethiopia stood at 5.5% in January 2020.
Mobile connections in Ethiopia
- There were 46.75 million mobile connections in Ethiopia in January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Ethiopia increased by 7.2 million (+18%) between January 2019 and January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Ethiopia in January 2020 was equivalent to 41% of the total population.
These numbers show that internet users in Ethiopia have grown exponentially through the years. Well, quantity-wise.
But what are Ethiopian website developers doing in terms of quality?
Most Ethiopian websites can be considered as a poor example of UI and programming. These attributes also hurt the speed, security, and performance of the website.
So doesn’t this issue affect the end-users?
Of course, it does! but most Ethiopian IT professionals have been ignoring that fact for decades.
This is also very important in your search engine appearance.
In 2010, Google announced that page speed would be included as one of the ranking factors for their search index.
In 2017, Google announced they will give page speed even more consideration, incorporating mobile site speed to rank sites on its “mobile-first” pages, or pages that individualize rankings for mobile sites. Google is also experimenting with an Accelerated Mobile Pages Project (AMP) — a project aiming to make pages load more quickly on mobile devices.
And this year, the search engine expanded the importance of the user experience by introducing Page Experience to its ranking signals.
Page experience signals aim to evaluate web pages by the quality of their user experience for real people. In short, they expand Google’s recent on-page criteria with factors that affect the person’s experience while consuming the content.
Needless to say, page speed is one of the most critical factors that affect it.
We at yonetsystems focus on performance-based websites without the reduction of website quality or functions.
We have used the popular website speed and performance testing tool gtmetrix to test our website.
We have also done a test for many similar websites in Ethiopia which was very disappointing to say the least. The websites had an average score of C and D on the PageSpeed Score and YSlow score respectively.
We have worked very hard to achieve this result and this is the level of commitment we are planning to put to your website as well.
If you want a world-class website with a very high speed and performance say hello on: